blah blah blah

I really think that the Republicans are being a bit pushy in their urgency to a quick recount. I would also like to know who exactly is going to be our new president however, there are ten days for the over seas voters to get their ballots in and how is it fair to make a decision by tomorrow evening?

Also there are 3000 votes that were possibly miscast in the favor of Pat Buchanan… I mean FUCK who would vote for that ass any way? :) Also it’s said that a county in Florida that had cast their votes was a largely Jewish community and it’s also said that Buchanan is not a favorite in the Jewish community. How can a largely Jewish community vote for Buchanan when apparently there was a slight bit of confusion in the ordering of that particular ballot? I think there’s a lot of funny stuff going on here and I think it’sonly fair to take some time and make absolutely sure that all votes are considered ESP. when things are so close. I think it’s the right of the American voters that all votes be considered fully and that adequate time be taken to consider the situation. There is no need to rush, we will still have an acting president until some time January. We are not in a rush to elect someone.

So that’s what I think or rather that is what I’ve been observing via the media today. I am *praying* for Gore since Bush IS the anti-Christ.

-k

Appended

I’ve enabled random people to post comments because I feel that there are interesting people who have comments who, however, are not going to go out and sign up for LJ just to post to my journal. So now any one can post. Be good though. :)

9 Responses to ‘a rush and a push and the land is ours’

• beloth says:

Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

Your funny :)
    If those people could not understand the ballot and were dumb enough to not ask a question and then voted their votes count. You cannot cry about it later and say you were cheated by a confusing ballot form.
    Bush did win.
    They have never never had a recount change the results of a presidential election.
    Get used to Bush for the next 4 years :)

R

• admin says:

Re: Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

Oh so Bush isn’t a sock puppet?? *giggle*

But you know, there are so many variables and I think this is going to take time and if Bush is really the winner, he should go ahead and allow things to take their course instead of making a push for recount.

Also there *may* be a Wisconsin recount. How do ya like that?

-k

• beloth says:

Re: Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

i like it if it fits a state law like the issue in Florida did.
        I am not for a recount though if there is no state law that provides for it.

R

Bush will be a interesting President i think :)

• freakyme says:

Re: Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

You must be one of the privlaged 1% who will benifit from Bush being in office. Its interesting that you can go for a man who want to tell you what you can and can not do with your body and soul. but then, your male, and white I am asuming, but you are still working class. Just watch, inflation will set in pretty quickly once he settles in, then see how interesting you think he is. :p

(I really am not bitter, nor did I mean that in any harsh way, please don’t take it like that)

• beloth says:

Re: Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

I am male and i am white but that has nothing to do with supporting Gore. And no i will not benefit from him being in office as i am single and make under $20K a year.
            Why i support him is simple.
            Clinton/Gore have campaigned for 8 years on unfufilled promises and i am tired of it.
            Plus even if Bush has issues with Abortion he cannot overturn it.
            The supreme court only has the power on that and they have ruled repeatildly that they will not.
            If bush signs laws regarding abortion restriction which i do not think he will, Then the supreme court can rule on the constitutionality of those laws.
            Checks and Balances that are in the constitution guarentee that a president with a certain view cannot force that view into becoming law.

Beloth

• freakyme says:

Re: Bush is not the Anti-Christ , the Sock puppet is :)

Well, OK Clinton/Gore campaine was a mess, but Clinton has done a lot, he really has, he came in and had to clean up the mess that Bush left, our forien relations were crap, econemy was bad, Bush MESSED things up, and now people want to do it again?? *sigh* I wish it were only the abortion issue. There are only a few people who stand to benifit from Bush, and those are the wealthy. (and most presidential canidets giev empty promoses like “read my lips” and “I will abolish abortion”)

• freakyme says:

How bout the dead guy?

that was interesting as well, but I am full on with ya, that is bunk to push for it. Jerks :p

• freakyme says:

oh yeah and…

florida is WAY crooked. Thats just the way of it, its so sad that they have so many electorials. i mean that whole system is so outdated. Its from back when when ppl had to TRAVEL to place their votes. They chose a few to vote for the mass, but in this day and age, there is no reason for that, as far as I know they are working to abolish that (if they had before this, Gore would be the president, he leads in popular vote)I hope they do, that would be the best.

• admin says:

Go Faedra! Is your birfday!

Well yeah, we’re we in a resession during the Bush’s term in office? And haven’t we come out of that resession during the Clinton’s term? Americans have more spending money now than we did w/ Bush. Why do we want another Bush?

And really, whether or not he can ultimatly ban abortion that doesn’t matter. As a woman I dont’ want a man that does not feel compassion for my right to choose what to do w/ my body and with advancements like the RU-486 pill (abortion pill)now being aproved by the FDA, I don’t want any one to try to take that away. I don’t want some one who can not empathize with my needs and feelings as a woman. Frankly, I don’t think he will ban abortion however why do we want someone who doesn’t care about women’s issues?

And ok so Clinton hasn’t always come through with his promises but fuck what politician does? HELLO!? And he’s had some great ideas on health care and I would like to see that train of thought carried on by Gore.

I mean ok, Clinton maybe made promises he didn’t keep but SO HAS EVERY POLITICIAN! I want to see the concerns w/ health care continue and I want the good times to continue to roll under Gore. I don’t want someone who doesn’t care about women’s issues or someone that has interests in those who are higher in the tax bracket. I don’t want to see another Desert Storm. Clinton didn’t get us in to huge wars like the first Bush and I’m afraid a republican will go w/ popular opinion INSTEAD of what is really best.

-k